So, after just 3 games of the World Cup, the race for the Golden Boot is in full flow. Who are the favourites for top scorer, or who should you bet on?
After Ronaldo bagged a hat-trick last night against Spain, he's currently the top scorer with 3 goals, while Diego Costa and Denis Cheryshev each have two. There's a long way to go, but, here's who it may be worth getting a tenner on for the top scorer of the 2018 world cup:
- Ronaldo – evens: put £10 and you'll get £20 back
- Diego Costa – 7/1: £10 gets you £80 back. But, Spain (and Portugal) both have to face Iran & Morocco, so there's bound to be more goals in both him and CR7
- Neymar – 9/1: £10 gets you £100 back. Brazil's group consists of Serbia, Costa Rica and Switzerland, and with Neymar on most dead balls & penalties I'd expect him to be up there.
Each Way Bets
So, each way means if they come in the top 4 scorers you'll get 1/4 of the odds, but there are still some great prices to be had:
- Lukaku – 20/1. Belgium's group has Panama in it- they are going to the whipping boys. There's no way Romelu isn't getting out of the group with at least 3 goals, and at 20/1 it's got to be worth £10 on
- Mbappe- 40/1: France's group has Peru and Denmark in, along with Australia. If he gets 2 goals in one of those games, he will be right in the mix. £400 back if he wins the golden boot!
- Dembele – 100/1. This might sound daft, but, even for an each way bet, if France go far and he's likely to be starting most games he's worth a punt.
Who do you think will win the golden boot?